Ocean

Ocean

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Simple Herb Stuffing

Yeah, so I could be a smart blogger and post all these awesome recipes before the holiday that they would be great for. But I am just a mom and just doing this for fun, so you get what I make, after I make it. But trust me, this is so yummy and easy, that I will be making it for more than just thanksgiving.

I am not a fan of fancy stuffings. I like it simple and good. I think I succeeded.

You can use virtually any bread you like for this.

I didn't get a picture this time, but I will add the next time I make it

Simple Herb Stuffing

1 loaf bread, cut into 1 inch pieces (or buy the bag of unseasoned dried bread cubes if you must)
8 tbsp butter
2 stalks celery, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced pretty thin
1 onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
2 cups chicken stock (get the very good stuff at the store, or better yet make it yourself. Or veggie)
2 eggs, lightly beaten

If using fresh bread, spread onto a cookie sheet and let sit overnight to dry out. Or place in a 20 degree oven for 10-20 minutes.

Melt the butter in a pan. Reserve half of it for later. Add celery and onion to the existing butter and cook a few minutes until really softened.  Add herbs and cook 1 more minute. Add a little salt and pepper.

Whisk eggs into broth. Put bread in a large bowl and add onions and celery and the broth and mix very well.

Pour into a buttered casserole dish and pour remaining butter on top.

Cook in a 350 oven 45 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment