Ocean

Ocean

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cherry Cheesecake Poppers

I know these have been going around pinterest for a while, but oh well! I have my own techniques on this, so I thought I would share.

Super yummy! Great for parties! And cherries are getting in season now!

I hated the idea of people having to spit out pits, so I took the time to dig the pits out. You probably dont have to do that. But it was worth it in my mind, and didn't take all that much longer.

I used one of these to depitt the cherries. I just pushed it in the bottom and twisted. A little over half the time that was all that was needed. The rest of the time, I had to use a opened paper clip to scoop the pit out.


Cherry Cheesecake Poppers

Ingredients:

About 1.5 pounds cherries (I have no idea if I used that many, but you can eat the leftovers... Besides, not all have the stems, so you need more than you need)

1 block cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 small splash milk (maybe)

1 sleeve graham crackers blended into crumbs


De-pit cherries as described above, if desired.

Whip together the other ingredients except crumbs. If its too stiff, add the milk.

Hold cherry upside down. Use a small spoon (I used a baby spoon) to scoop about a teaspoon worth of filling onto the top (well, its the bottom. Opposite of the stem!!)

Turn over the cherry and place in the bowl of crumbs. Lightly rotate the cherry around, smoothing out the cream cheese to smush up the sides and get coated in crumbs. Repeat for all. Keep chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment