Ocean

Ocean

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Beef Stroganoff, Two Ways

Ok, so I make this two different ways. Both are good and fast, in their own way. One is with stew meat and cooked in the crock pot. The other is made on the stove in about 30 minutes, and uses ground beef. I don't currently have a pic of the first method, but I will add it the next time it is made.

Yes, it has a cream of mushroom soup can in it. I try to avoid it. But sometimes I can't. In this case, I compromise with organic. Its only about 1$ more and it makes me feel better. *or you can make it from scratch!

And, yes, I know its not pretty. But its yummy. God doesn't give with both hands all the time.



Ingredients:

1.5 pounds lean ground beef OR lean stew meat.
1 diced onion
1 lb sliced crimini mushrooms
1 can of organic cream of mushroom soup (or 1 recipe from scratch)
1/2-2/3 cup of sour cream

2-3 pounds of gold potatoes, diced.

Method 1, crockpot:

Sear the stew meat on high heat until all sides are browned. Add to crock pot along with mushrooms, soup, and onion. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-8. Add sour cream 20 minutes before serving

Method 2, stovetop:

On medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until well browned. Drain. Add mushrooms and cream of mushroom. Simmer on medium until mushrooms soften, about 15 minutes. Add sour cream and serve.


Cook the potatoes in salty water. Either drain and serve, or make into mashed potatoes.

Some people use egg noodles. I think this is gross. But more power to you.

Corn is a must side to this for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment