Ocean

Ocean

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cheesy Zucchini Rice

Who needs pasta sides or rice side packets? Not I. Although our side dishes have been lacking since I stopped using them a few years back. I spend a lot of time thinking about the main dish and space off the sides. But I am trying.

This takes about 5 minutes longer than cooking a regular batch of rice.

Cheesy Zucchini Rice

Ingredients

2 cups rice
3 cups chicken broth (or veggie if you want to be veggie)
1 onion, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
salt and pepper


I cook my rice in a rice cooker. Easy peasy. Dump the rice, broth, onion, and garlic into it and hit cook.

If you use the stove, dump all that into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer and cook 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff

Once cooked, put in a large bowl with the zucchini and cheese. Mix well, and cover with foil. Let sit 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment