Ocean

Ocean

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas

My sister makes these for her family all the time. I was always super intrigued but I was lucky enough to be able to try them last week when I was home visiting. Super yummy, easy, and frugal. Of course I had to make them myself. And of course, I had to tweak them to my tastes, because I just can't leave any recipe alone, lol.


You can steam or boil the sweet potatoes, but I decided to roast them since we love roasted veggies so much anyway. I think it gets the seasonings into the potatoes in the cooking process. But feel free to steam or boil and just toss with the seasonings.


Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas

Ingredients

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
1 packet taco seasoning (or 1tbsp each of chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper flake
2 tbsp oil
2 cans reduced sodium black beans, lightly drained
2 small cans diced green chilis
2 green onions, greens and whites chopped
1 handful cilantro, chopped
6 oz of queso blanco or queso fresco, crumbled (could omit or sub for a shredded jack cheese)
juice of 1 small lime
12 8 inch tortillas
1 28oz can of green enchilada sauce


Toss the sweet potatoes with the seasonings and oil until well coated. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast at 400 for 25+ minutes until done. I crank it to broil for a couple minutes after to get nice and toasty

Meanwhile, combine black beans, chilis, green onions, cilantro, cheese, and lime juice.

Add cooked potatoes and toss

Spoon a little green sauce into the bottom of the pan to just lightly coat. I had to use a 9x13 and a small casserole pan. If you have a larger baking pan than a 9x13, it would be great.

Spoon into tortilla generously, roll into a tube. Place seam side down in pan. Repeat 11x.

Pour remaining sauce generously and evenly over enchiladas.

Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about an hour or until heated through and bubbling.

Goes great with cilantro lime rice or quinoa

No comments:

Post a Comment