Ocean

Ocean

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chunky Quacamole

I prefer my guac chunky. I'll eat the mushy mashed stuff, but chunky is where it's at.

This is a basic recipe, I assume. But sometimes simple is the best :)

Chunky Quacamole

Ingredients:

1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 jalapeño, deseeded, deveined, and finely diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 handful cilantro
juice from 1 lemon
3 avocados, cubed
3 roma tomatoes (or vine ripened, or equivalent of grape/cherry)
salt and pepper


Rinse the onion off after you dice it. I am not sure why, I just read to always do that with onions in salsa or salads. So I do :)

Add onion to a medium bowl with the jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, and lemon juice. Combine well.

Add tomatoes and avocado. Add salt and pepper and stir well to combine.

Chill a few hours before serving to allow flavor to meld

No comments:

Post a Comment