Ocean

Ocean

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Greek Salad with Cucumber and Zucchini "Noodles"

So, faux noodles have been a fad lately. One with which I decided to jump in with both feet. I made a veggie noodle side dish last week, and that inspired my husband to suggest making my greek pasta salad with zucchini noodles instead. I saw his zucchini noodles, and decided to raise him cucumber noodles.

The end result was amazing. Super fresh, light, and satisfying.

For these noodles,  you will need thisthisthis, or this. I have the first two. I used a mandolin this time. I used the thin julienne plate, and sliced the short way.

You can peel the veggies first if you wish. I peeled the cucumber, but not the zucchini.

Greek Salad with Cucumber and Zucchini "Noodles"

Ingredients:
3-5 large zucchini, noodled
2 cucumbers, noodled
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp chopped black olives
3 oz crumbled feta
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
pinch of salt and pepper

Place the zucchini noodles in a strainer and toss with 4-5 pinches of salt (evenly spread) Let drain for 30 minutes.

Add cucumber noodles and gently squeeze excess water from veggies (don't go crazy. Just a few squeezes)

Place in bowl with tomatoes and feta.

In a container with a lid, add black olives, oil, vinegar, mustard, and seasonings. Close lid and shake well.

Toss veggies with dressing. Best if chilled a hour or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment