Ocean

Ocean

Friday, June 1, 2012

Chicken with Garlic and Tomatoes

I don't know why, but when I think of a tomato based sauce, chicken isn't usually a part of that. But when I came across this Pioneer Woman recipe I was intrigued. It was comforting and filling. And pretty easy!


Chicken with Garlic and Tomatoes
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:



Ingredients

  • 8 chicken thighs (I suggest boneless/skinless.)
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup wine
  • 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 28oz can whole tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 2 tsp each dried basil, parsley, oregano
  • 10 cloves garlic
  • 1 box of pasta of your choice. I used spiral
Preheat oven to 400

Heat dutch oven over medium. Add oil and butter. Salt and pepper chicken. 

Add chicken. Brown each side well. Remove chicken.

Add wine, scraping bottom to remove brown bits. Cook for a couple minutes

Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to boil. Add herbs, garlic, and chicken. Cover and put in preheated oven for 1 hour.

Remove from oven and let sit. Cook pasta per box directions.

Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment