Ocean

Ocean

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl

This is fresh and filling, but also light somehow. A great, fast lunch.
I can't wrap my brain around cottage cheese and fruit mixed. Ew. Thats not how I was raised. I was raised with plain cottage cheese and Lowry's seasoning salt. MMMm. And that evolved (thanks to Valentino's salad bar) to cottage cheese and black olives, with seasoned salt.

This stage of pregnancy has brought me to cottage cheese cravings for some reason. Ever use Doritos to scoop bites of cottage cheese? HEAVEN.

I had a ton of roma tomatoes sitting around, so one day I mixed that with seasoned salt and cottage cheese. MMMM.

So one night I was thinking about that tomato and cottage cheese I had a few days before. And thinking about black olives and how good that would be. And then the really ripe avocado I had in the fridge. And this was born...

Oh, and one of my favorite parts about cottage cheese is it makes my husband gag. Seriously. I have to eat it in another room, which amuses me...


Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl

3/4-1 cup cottage cheese (it HAS to be 4% for me. Anything else is gross and not worth it. And we all know the "low fat" craze is horrible for you)
1 avocado, cubed
1/4 cup small or sliced black olives (or katamala if that nastiness floats your boat)
1 roma tomato (or a handful of grape/cherry tomatos, halved)
1/4 tsp seasoned salt

Pretty simple. Mix and eat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment