Ocean

Ocean

Monday, February 4, 2013

Southwestern Bowl

I got some beautiful sweet potatoes, avocados, cilantro, lemons, and red bell peppers in my produce box this week. It reminded me of this bowl I used to make a few years back. Pretty easy, healthy, and filling. This made enough for lunch for myself, Husb, and the toddler. So portion accordingly. Some rice or a salad could stretch this out into a dinner meal.


Southwestern Bowl

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1-2 red bell peppers, large diced
oil, salt, and pepper
1-2 tsp cumin
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp chili powder
1-2 avocados, cubed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 cups frozen corn (or one drained can)
1 handful cilantro, chopped
juice of one lemon or lime

Toss the sweet potato and bell pepper in salt, pepper, and some oil.

Roast at 400 until done and browning. 20 minutes, give or take. Sorry, I never time this...

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss avocado, cilantro, corn, beans, citrus juice, and 1 tsp of each of the seasonings.

Let pepper and potato cool a bit and then add to bowl and toss. Adjust seasoning as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment