After a few weeks of PCSing (Permanent Change of Station to you civies out there) and unpacking, I am officially cooking again!
And I am in Florida. So that means SUMMER FOOD.
Starting with Pasta salad!
Asparagus and Lemon Pasta Salad
Adapted from The Neely's
- 1 lb pasta (I used these little shell pastas made with carrots and tomato)
- 1 lb asparagus, ends cut off and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Make the pasta per package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add asparagus.Boil 2 minutes. Drain and put in a bowl of salted ice water.
Whisk together mustard, garlic, oil, dill, and lemon juice. Add S&P as needed.
Combine pasta, asparagus, dressing, tomatos, peas, and cheese.
Serve cold or room temp.