Ocean

Ocean

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin

I have never made spaghetti squash before. I have always been intrigued by it. Its an interesting gourd. Cook it and the flesh shreds like spaghetti?? What? Yeah it was a lot of fun.


This tastes like hash brown casserole. Minus the cream of chicken soup and all the starch. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But cover anything in sour cream and cheese and I will probably love it.


Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin

1 spaghetti squash
1/2 cup of cheese (I used sharp cheddar and a colby jack), plus more for top
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup  cream cheese
1 tbsp vinegar (of your choice, I used white, because thats what I had)
a few pinches red pepper flake
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp dried minced onion
frenches fried onions, optional

Cut the squash in half. Put in a covered dish with a 1/3 cup of water and cook 12 minutes in the microwave (I had to do in two batches.) You could also roast in the oven. 400 degrees, 45 minutes

Let cool for 10 minutes. Shred with a fork.

Mix cheese, sour cream, vinegar, red pepper flake, garlic, and onion. Add spaghetti squash. Mix well.

Top with cheese.

Cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes until bubbly. Last few minutes, add the fried onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment