Ocean

Ocean

Monday, March 26, 2012

Whole Grain Banana Pancakes

Ok, I admit, I don't know exactly the correct terminology for things like "whole grain" "whole wheat" etc. I don't know if there are specific criteria to meet to be able to use these. So bare with me.

In this case, it means this recipe uses regular flour, whole wheat flour, and ground oats.

This recipe is equally AMAZING with pumpkin(about 1 cup) instead of bananas!

This makes a LOT. You can freeze them for a easy breakfast later!

I also make them in the waffle iron. One of the wedges is a perfect size for my ankle biter

Whole Grain Banana Pancakes
Adapted from holz! ;)

1 c ground oats,( use Magic Bullet or food processor)
1 c whole wheat flour
3/4 all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar (or honey, or date paste, or maple syrup)
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp clove
1 egg
2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla (or almond extract)
2 bananas, ripe

Mix the dry ingredients well. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add dry to wet and mix until just incorporated. Let sit while you heat up a greased griddle or skillet to medium. Cook and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment